Monday 22 December 2008

Winter machine

I sold my Il Pompino after the last winter. I built a brand new winter cruiser. My new friend's name is Honky Tonk and he is from the Kona family. We have had around 2000km from middle of November and I really satisfied with him!

The frame is Kona DB Cro-mo. It isn't a lightest construction but extremly comfy! Full finishing kit is Easton, what was real bargain from US! (I never ever put £200 handlebar in my traning bike, but the stem-handlebar-seatpost-headset was $120 with P&P) Drivetrain is full Campy Veloce Infinity, compact, 10 speed, it works perfect. Breaks are from the Cane Creek factory, deep drop version, these easily fit with the mudguards. The original breakpads was absolute rubish, but I changed for Swiss Stop pads. Wheels are Campy Zonda, I got from my shop! (Thanks James) The bike's weight is 11.2 kg, but who cares???? 

Spec:
Frame and fork: Kona Honky Tonk 
Headset: Cane Creek S6
Stem: Easton EA70
Handlebar: Easton EC90
Seatpost: Easton EC70
Seat: Fizik Aliante
Drivetrain: Campy Veloce Infinity
Brakes: Cane Creek SCR-3L with Swiss Stop Black pads
Wheels: Campy Zonda with Pinhead skewers
Tyres: Conty Gatorskin

Weight: 11.2kg
Size: 57cm







No comments: