Wednesday 10 June 2009

Reigate sportive

I did the Reigate sportive with on of our customer last Sunday. I have to say, it was a really good ride( it was a bit short.... but was a good fun)!
I woken up 5:30 and I had to realize that some thunderstorm was outside... ok, one more wet sportive. Nick picked up me 7 o'clock. The weather was still crap, but when we arrived to the event center,rain stopped and the sky started to clear out.
We left with the first start, around 8:30. I left the group after the first kilometer and basically I rode the whole event alone. I had a pretty hard training week and I didn't feel myself to fresh, but everything went well and I sorted the first hundred kilometer under 2 hours and 54 minutes. I really enjoyed the nice small roads and the short steep climbs. The road still was wet  and full of with mud. I felt sometimes really close the end with the 20C front tyre, but thanks God nothing bad happened. Around 105km somebody (I hope your hand will dry down...) turned one arrow on the wrong way and I got lost. This small mistake costed me 6 plus km. After I found the right way again, unfortunately I got a rear puncture. I repaired quickly it was 4 minutes job, but this short brake was enough for my leg and they went stiff... After the puncture I needed 10km until my legs felt ok again. I finished with 4 hours and 28 minutes. Nick came 10 minutes behind me, which one is bloody good time! After we had a coffee break and we packed back in the car and went home. 

Numbers:
Time: 4:28:10
Distance: 145,9km 
Ascent: 1780m 


This week is my last and hardest week in this macro cyclus. I am tired already, but I just try to push hard as possible! I hope my new and CORRECT size spokes will turn up tomorrow and I can build my new wheel on Friday morning. 
I got my new electrolite stuff today, I will back with the review soon!
I have to go in the bed now, because I need some serious recovery!

See you soon!  

No comments: